Saturday, July 19, 2008

My Birthday update...a year later (thats for you E...lol)

Ok, so its only like way about time I blogged about the glorious ritual of turning one year older. As I am sure you all know from my previous blog, my birthday was 7/9/84 in which I turned 24 years-old. Now this was a very exciting time for me, not only has a lot changed in my life, but I also actually had more like a birthday week, which is super exciting. As far as pictures go, I do have lots that I took that week and so on, unfortunately I am blogging from work (I know, I am supposed to be saving lives, not blogging), therefore I can't upload any pics I took, so be excited about a soon to post picture only blog!!!

So first, I must tell you about all the exciting activities that occurred during my birthday week. First, Monday my mother and I went to the hair salon where I get my hair done and she and I both got our hair cut and colored. I was wanting a change, tired of being a light, washed out brown. I really wanted something that would turn heads. So Joshua (the greatest gay hair cutter around!!!)suggested that I do like a dark brown with a red punch to it to really bring out my eyes. Needless to say, I agreed to let him do what ever he wanted and the color is GORGEOUS!!! Its def a little more brown and a little less red then we were going for, so we have already decided next time we will add a bit more red to tone down the brown. Regardless, everyone who sees it has LOVED it so far and tell me I look amazing with my hair dark. Tuesday, I went to see one pt for my home health job. After I finished, I went home and got Sierra, Rachel (Sierra's friend), and Haley and we all went to Whirling Waters for 2 for Tuesday (A great deal compared to the outrageous price you would normally pay.) It was the best time ever. Haley and I got to talk and bond, which is always fun and I even got some sun...who could/would have thought I could get some color...lol. After whirling waters, I took Haley back to my house where we watched "A Walk to Remember" because Haley had never seen it. I know...no need to say anything to me, I was already amazed she had never seen it, like what planet is she from ;) Then came Wednesday, my actual birthday. I chose to work that morning to make some extra money. After I got off work, I went and ran some errands, including an eye exam in which I found out I am still blind as a bat. I can only see the E without glasses and to make matters worse the E is blurry too, its just not so blurry I can't see it. Needless to say, I am blind...so sad :( Anyways, after the eye exam, I decided to get contacts again. They just came out like 3 weeks ago and are made for astigmatisms only, which is great since I have an astigmatism. Apparently, normal eyeballs are like basketballs, but if you have an astigmatism, your eyeball is shaped more like a football, why everything has to be about sports I don't know, but needless to say my eyeballs are footballs...lol. So now I have a new hair do, contacts, and according to some people who have seen me in the last couple of weeks, I have also lost some weight...whoody who, I am a new improved Rachel!!! LOL.
Anyways, Wednesday night, I went with a group of friends and my dad to Myabi's Steakhouse in West Ashley. It was the bomb. And to top it all off, my dad got me a new digital camera...SCORE!!!

I did want to take a moment to thank everyone for my birthday wishes...it meant a lot and I very much appreciate all of you who told me "Happy Birthday". I am going to go ahead and end this blog now since I have fully told you all about my fun birthday week. Next blog to come will be about my date...I know DATE!!! Crazy...lol.
Later,
Rachel

1 comment:

Classy Tallahassee. said...

Sounds like you had a fun week (well, except for the eye exam stuff). Glad you had a god birthday and that you liked the presents I sent you. I'll be posting shortly.

I guess I can see pictures on Myspace?